Monday, May 27, 2013

Bad Day 321--Memories Day

Today is Husband's last day home. It was a short trip this time. I'm trying hard not to think about how angry I am that I don't have enough vacation hours to take the whole day off tomorrow. I looked up my hours and I have barely enough to cover our summer trips to family reunions (which I have mentioned before do not count as vacations, but that is what I have to use my days for. Husband, on the other hand, has over 400 saved up. And don't even get me started on how much sick leave he has. This situation is extremely unfair because he will also get home leave when he comes home so he'll have another month off on top of that. And I won't have any days to spare at all. Guess who gets to go to every single parent teacher conference, field trip, and orthodontist/dentist/doctor's appointment over the next year?

It is chilly again tonight, so we are all huddled around the fire pit again. We had s'mores and lots of extra marshmallows.


I also grilled steak and asparagus and squash and tomatoes for dinner which was quite delicious. It was a barbecuing kind of day because Gabrielle's husband "Kevin" had us over for awesome grilled food for lunch. He makes these bacon and shrimp skewers which are to die for--literally in his case because he is allergic to shrimp. But they are awesome. So were the hot dogs and ribs and everything else.

The people on this cruise ship are having a worse day than me, which is pretty obvious from the picture.

The fire-damaged exterior of Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas cruise ship is seen while docked in Freeport, Grand Bahama island, Monday, May 27, 2013. Royal Caribbean said the fire occurred early Monday while on route from Baltimore to the Bahamas on the mooring area of deck 3 and was quickly extinguished. All 2,224 guests and 796 crew were safe and accounted for. (AP Photo/The Freeport News, Jenneva Russell)

This is not the kind of fire you can roast marshmallows with. It was so bad, they are flying everyone home from the cruise, which I suppose is much better than letting them drift around the ocean with no power which has happened a couple of times recently. And even though they won't get food on the airplane because no one feeds you anymore, at least it is a quick trip from the Bahamas to the US. So thank you, Royal Caribbean, for not having a fire on board when Husband and I took our cruise last fall. And good luck with the repairs. Those look like they will take some time. And a lot of paint. Glad it's not me who has to fix it. Now I have to go make sure we put out the fire pit or I won't be able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment