Monday, August 13, 2012

Bad Day 34--Two sleeps.

Could I have just one day without crying, please? I mean seriously, Husband will be home on Wed. (our anniversary) and there I was this morning sobbing on the phone about how much I miss him and how hurt I am that he went to Afghanistan. I think I mentioned before that he was having a mid-life crisis and wisely chose not to chase blondes. But honestly I wish he had bought a convertible instead of saving Afghanistan.

So, to make myself feel better I got my hair cut. It's a rather nice style change--just different enough for people to notice and I think it makes me look younger, and maybe a little thinner although I think that thinner part might be because I'm losing weight. I don't know for certain if I have lost anything or how much because I do not weigh myself. Ever. Even at the doctor's I tell the nurse I'm going to close my eyes when I step on the scale and she tells me when she's finished and hides the chart from me. (I love my nurse!) But the pants I bought and never wore because they were a little tight and then I gained weight, I can now button. AND zip. And my too small London Olympics T-shirt? I wore it last week and it was considerably less snug, although the one I bought in London will never fit until I am the size I was when I got married. So I think I am thinner, probably from all the stress. Just my luck that the only thing that can make me lose weight is sending Husband to Afghanistan. I hope it's worth it and I lose at least 25 lbs.

Here is a picture of my new haircut:



Ha! You thought I was going to post a picture of me! Silly people! I don't take pictures. Only under duress like for a passport. At the Family Reunion my brother-in-law said he was looking through 12 years of photos and he couldn't find a single one of me. I felt very triumphant. But even though I don't look as young as Selena Gomez, my hairstyle is similar and I now have bangs. So use your imagination.

I KNOW this man had a worse day than me. He got drunk, slept it off in a dumpster, and then got dumped into a garbage truck which tried twice to compact the trash. What is it with drunk people making bad decisions. Oh yeah, it kind of goes together. So thank you, Mr. Glipatrick, for reminding me to be grateful that I always sleep in my comfy wonderful bed and I never ever wake up smelling like trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment