Friday, March 15, 2013

Bad Day 248--Lavender blue

I knew the optimism wouldn't last. Today was one of those days where nothing went wrong, but it was still all just wrong. I'm tired of being a single parent. I'm tired of being responsible, and I'm tired of having to do it all. And I'm just tired. I think there is no way to make an unaccompanied tour fun for everyone and I honestly, truly believe with all of my heart that the families left behind have it way worse than the employees. I would say that next time I'll go and Husband can stay behind at home, but the children have already told me that is not an option. I believe the exact words were, "Don't leave us home alone with Dad! I don't want to eat fast food every day!" Apparently, last year, when I went on business trips, he never cooked and they were sick of pizza and tacos. Which is really funny when you think that we made gluten-free pizza ourselves tonight and they loved it. Child 3 even gave me a gluten-free pizza crust mix for my birthday. So, making pizza at home with Mom--good. Ordering pizza at home with Dad--bad. I don't understand it, but I am an excellent cook, so maybe that's the issue.

Child 3 has been complaining about her stomach hurting for weeks now. Months actually. Stupid, unobservant me thought it was stress. And then lactose intolerance. But it very well may be wheat, so she's going gluten-free with me and already she is beginning to feel better. She is all excited about it now, but she doesn't yet realize she has to give up brownies and Thin Mints. Luckily, she is not allergic to chocolate, so she can still have a lot of candy. Just not Twix, or Kit-kats. I miss Kit-kats. And brownies. Sigh.



Because I'm feeling so lavender blue, the only people I could think of who could possibly be having a worse day than me are these Greyhound bus passengers in New Jersey.  You see, they lived my worst nightmare. There they were, having a nice ride from Atlantic City to New York, when suddenly, their bus was swarmed by cockroaches.



Not just one or two, but so many that the driver had to pull off the highway. Greyhound sent a new bus and refunded everyone's money, but still. They have to live with the nightmare. So thank you, Greyhound, for making me resolve to never, ever ride a bus to New York. I will definitely drive in my minivan. Although it's old and a mom-car, it doesn't contain a single cockroach. It had better not or I will just get out and leave it on the side of the road. With the keys in it. Running. I think the insurance company might total it for a cockroach swarm. But I'd really rather not find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment