Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bad Day 256--A woman of substance

I know. I know! It's too early to post my blog, but I'm avoiding all the things I should be doing today and trying not to stress about the thing I forgot which isn't working because I can't stop thinking about it. So instead of sleeping last night, I wrote my EER in my head, because that isn't as stressful as the thing. And I know you will all be happy to hear that I made a breakthrough at about 4:30 am and I now have a good handle on just exactly what I want to say. I'm hoping to inject some personality as well as some substantive things about my job without sounding like a pompous self-promoter. It is a delicate balance. I might, just maybe, get it right after about 15 years of this or so, by which time I will either be crazy or promoted or fired. Maybe even all three! I can be an overachiever when I want to be.

Now, instead of folding clothes, I am watching Magnum P.I. and blogging. Clearly I am avoiding my responsibilities which I should no longer avoid. But it's cold outside and I am so lonely for Husband so who can blame me for wanting to pretend I'm in Hawaii? Wouldn't this be better than our current un-spring?


I think we can all agree that Waikiki at any time of the year beats 34 degrees in DC. And I think we can all agree that the Groundhog needs to be fired. So fired. Lemme at his EER!


-

I am all for whimsical fashion, and the cat-ear rhinestone headband in the article is adorable. But honestly, if you are paying for designer clothing, it should make you look delicious because you look amazing--not because you look like actual food. So thank you, ice-cream designer, for making me feel much, much better that I am not a trend follower. And also that it is almost noon and I am still in my pajamas. I could not wear anything fashionable all day and be completely happy. And comfortable. Now excuse me while I go nap because I've been up since 3 am.






No comments:

Post a Comment