Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bad Day 108--Bring it on!

Actually, no, please no more! I managed to survive today, but only with massive help. I hope that everyone whose husband is in Afghanistan and has a horrible stomach disease and lice has teenagers as wonderful as mine. One of them made cupcakes for the birthday party and decorated them without asking! And they were adorable. And the other one came with me to the restaurant to be errand girl and took children to the restroom and carried things and was altogether delightful. So because my two oldest children are amazing, the birthday party for the third one was a success. "Genevieve " came with me just in case and to keep me company which was really nice because I forget how nice it is to have an adult conversation over dinner. Plus her new baby is very cute.

I discovered that mashed potatoes and oatmeal don't make me violently nauseous like other foods and I am so happy! So I shared my news with the children and Child 1 said with pity, "Oh, you're like an old person! But you have teeth!"  So according to my lovely child, I look like this:



But to make it all better, Child 3 just gave me a get well card with a balloon attached to it. I have to say that someone is raising my children right.

This woman is having a worse day than me.



She may be the world's pickiest eater, which just makes me sad. Because if I had a choice, I would eat it all--eggplant, and asparagus, pasta, and fritattas, and dragonfruit, and mangosteen, and curries, and Pad Thai, and oh, the chocolate! I would eat oodles and oodles of chocolate. So to have the ability to eat all those things and turn them down is just the saddest thing in the world to me. So thank you, Ms. Picky Eater, for reminding me to be grateful that even if I can never eat those things again and I am stuck eating oatmeal and mashed potatoes for the rest of my life, I know what a Milka bar tastes like and the memory of that is a beautiful thing to have.

2 comments:

  1. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    -A&A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had dragon-fruit. You are not missing out on much

    Niece 2

    ReplyDelete