Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bad Day 112--Happy Birthday!

Child 3 is having a birthday and is celebrating by being rude to political pollsters and hanging up on them. That's my girl! We survived Frankenstorm Sandy with nary a scratch and didn't even lose power. But just in case, Child 3 insisted that we buy her a pre-made birthday cake last week so that we would have something to celebrate with if the power was out. And I have to say that was a good idea because I am feeling better, but still not well enough to bake. Now if I can only remember where I put the candles, and the card, and most of the gifts. . . .

Work is back open and school is on tomorrow, so we will thankfully pick up our lives where they left off last week, feeling really grateful that we don't live in Hoboken or Point Pleasant because they look like this:



I'm too tired to write more. So I'll just get who is having a worse day than me and today that would be the people who went to dinner at this woman's house.



She is on a new TLC show called "extreme cheapskates" and she threw a dinner party and fed her guests on food she found by dumpster diving. Oh, and she's a millionaire. So thank you, Ms. Cheapskate, for reminding me to be grateful that I have never knowingly eaten food out of a dumpster, and I would never, ever feed that to guests. I wouldn't even feed them lasagna out of a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment