Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bad Day 88--Not so lucky for me

8 is a lucky number in China but since day 88 has knocked me off my feet, that's about the way my luck goes. Today was definitely a purple day, but I managed to function anyway instead of just going to bed all day, so I suppose that's progress.

Today I walked The Dog, went grocery shopping, exercised until my legs are so sore that I can barely walk, bought some shoes with Child 1, and made dinner at 9pm because I was late to everything today. Now I'm watching The Avengers, which seems pretty good, although I'm having a hard time concentrating, but Captain America helps.



So does Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo. Seriously, how did I not see this in the theater?

This man had a worse day than me when he found a spider in his bunch of grapes. He posted this picture on Reddit.

grapes spider

For those of you unfamiliar with spiders, which I am not because I am scared to death of them even though my grandmother illustrated a scientific book about them and gave it to me, that is a black widow spider. Apparently this is not an unusual problem in grapes and one of the reasons why you should always wash them before eating. Although, black widow spiders can jump, so maybe you should stand far away and use the sprayer. So thank you, Reddit man, for reminding me to be grateful that I bought strawberries today and not grapes which I will probably not by ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment