Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bad Day 109--So much glitter!

Today was the annual Trunk or Treat party at the church. For those of you unfamiliar with trunk or treats, it's a safe way for kids to go trick-or-treating. Everyone decorates their trunks and people go all out. The family that won this year turned the back of their SUV into a teepee with drums and a smoke machine and they all dressed as native Americans. We turned our trunk into the North Pole, and I have to say, it was way better than the teepee, but the judges didn't think so, even though Child 1 spent a day and a half painting the backdrop and made us all dress like elves. It was beautiful and a big hit and people said it looked like a Macy's store window and we totally should at least have placed. First place should have gone to my friend who made at least 100 twinkies into Minions from Despicable Me. It was amazing. They looked like this.



But now I am covered in glitter--my sheets, my hair, my clothes, my skin, the carpet, and I think it will never all come out of the car. Child 1 is disappointed that we didn't win anything and she is planning already for next year when she wants us to be cowboys. I said cowboys would be easy because I am a Texan after all. Child 2 asked me how do you decorate like a Texan, and I said that you make it look like the 4th of July threw up all over the back of your car, which I would know because being a Texan, I know that we're very patriotic. Also, the children need to practice saying y'all. "Happy Halloween, y'all!" I'm actually rather excited about the cowboy thing because it will give me a good excuse to get some boots. I had a great pair in college but my feet grew and now they don't fit and they are even too small for Child 3 who has pretty big feet for a kid, although my feet in college were fairly small.

This Canadian Mountie is having a worse day than me. OK, not this exact one but since I love Mounties, I just have to include a picture.



He was driving in a patrol car and came upon two moose. As he got close, the bull charged, jumped up on the vehicle, broke the bumper and kicked in the driver's side window, injuring the Mountie. This is the best line in the story: "Both the culprit and accomplice departed the area on hoof," the RCMP said in a statement. So thank you, Mr. Mountie, for reminding me how happy I am to live in an area without any moose, although we did see a beautiful white-tailed buck on the way to the Trunk or Treat and I am extremely glad it didn't jump on our car and break the window.






No comments:

Post a Comment