In the spirit of trying to have a more structured summer than in the past, we made a list of house rules which we all signed and then of course lost the paper and who knows if we ever will find it again or remember what we put on it. But the children reminded me the other day that we actually do have family rules, albeit rather unorthodox ones. Here are some of the rules.
- Everyone shall eat olives, both green and black.
- No water guns at the dinner table unless Mom shoots first.
- We only stick our tongue out at King George.
- Do not, under any circumstances, ever, ever route for the Redskins.
- No nail polish anywhere but the bathroom. (That one is really for Child 3.)
- You can dye your hair blue but not bleach it blond.