Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bad Day 169--What a waste!

Today was a complete waste. I waited all morning for Husband to get home from his outing with our church youth group and I fell asleep right before he got home. Then, he wanted to let me sleep so he didn't wake me up so we didn't even leave for the after-Christmas shopping until 2 pm when the mall parking lot was completely full. I wanted to go to the outlets, but the weather was so bad, we just went to our usual mall, and when we got there, I didn't know what to do.



Yep. You read that right. It was a shopping trip to a place filled with stores full of things I can now buy because I am smaller than I used to be and I stood there like a deer in the headlights or one of those clueless people on What Not to Wear not even knowing what I should try on. I have no idea what looks good or what might fit. So I bought some bras and a pair of jeans and that was it. Seriously! What is wrong with me? I guess I've just been so used to being the same size and knowing what will make me look smaller, that I'm completely flummoxed by my new self and I have no idea what I should be shopping for. Which means I will have to try on things and I hate trying on things. But something must be done because I no longer need to unbutton or unzip my pants to put them on and I'm really afraid for what will happen if I forget to wear a belt. And skirts are now completely out of the question unless I find some more office supplies to hold them up. I'm thinking a trip to the tailor is in order.

But at least I'm not having as bad a day as this model who somehow lost her feet altogether.

photoshop fail

Somehow, this French clothing brand thought the model would look better if they cut her off at the ankles. I'm not sure why and it's something I would have expected from the British, not the French who are supposed to be very fashion savvy. Unless going footless literally is supposed to be in fashion next year. At any rate, I hope this girl's feet are returned to her. Thank you, Camaieu, for reminding me not to forget my feet. Maybe I should just go buy some shoes. That always makes me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. I completely sympathize with you! I've lost 50 pounds since August and I have absolutely no idea what to do with a body that not only didn't shrink uniformly but also keep shifting around as the weeks go by - even with no more weight. Somehow everything is too long. I'm am not shorter. It's baffling. That said, I'm also a clothes trying on hater, but it's not as bad now that I feel like what I used to work to appear like. My first few shopping trips (also because of slip off buttoned pants) resulted in multiple trips to the racks because I apparently had no idea what size I was or any proper sense to judge it. It gradually gets better - promise! Buy a few things at a time and wear repeatedly til you're comfortable. So what if you wear the same clothes a couple of times a week to work? You're a new person (whether you wanted to be or enjoyed getting there or not) and that takes getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Emma", that is good advice as always. I'm so impressed by your 50 pounds. My scale is broken, so I have no idea how much I've lost, but it's at least two dress sizes, so that's the only benefit to this whole thing. And I love that you get that I've been dragged kicking and screaming into this new body. I was much happier when I could eat chocolate chip cookies. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. That girl ain't got no sole.

    xoxo,
    -A

    ReplyDelete