Monday, December 3, 2012

Bad Day 146--What is the point of this game again?

So this is how The Dog plays fetch: I pick up her toy, tease her with it, throw it, and then she runs away with it in the opposite direction. On the one hand, it means the game goes really quick and I don't have to throw the toy more than once. On the other hand, I might like her more if she was a little more fun. But really, she's a furry bump on a log and probably the laziest dog in America.

Tonight is Cake Boss night, so Child 2 and I are watching TV together. For those of you who are uninitiated, The Cake Boss is a TV program about a bakery in NJ where they make ridiculously complicated and amazing cakes. That is not a tower of ice cream. It is a cake.



I'm not sure exactly why we love this show so much when no one in our house can bake and only Child 1 has any cake decorating skills at all. For years I have been letting the children frost all the cakes because then I can tell people they did. I also told people they did way before they were old enough to hold a spatula, because hey, the cake looked like it was frosted by a child, so I just let people think it actually was. But anyway, we have always loved Buddy Valastro, who is the Cake Boss, but we really loved him after we met him in person in New York and he gave the girls cookies and he was as nice as can be. Also, he gave me a hug and took a picture with the girls. So now we are even more devoted fans (if that is possible) and Monday nights are spent watching people bake things that we will never be able to either afford or eat. But girls can dream, can't they? Someday, we will take a trip to the bakery in New Jersey and when we arrive we will all say, "Hoboken, baby!" (The Cake Boss says that all the time.)

This French journalist is having a worse day than me.

Video: Sometimes Moto Journalists Crash Bikes off Piers lolo moto journal yamaha fjr1300a crash pier 635x403

As you can see in this photo, he was riding a motorcycle along a dock and fell off both the bike and the dock. What you can't see is that he fell into a boat, which really had to hurt. And lucky for him, the whole thing was caught on video and has gone viral on the internet, so he will never, ever live it down. Oh, because also he is a motorcycle journalist which basically means he test drives for a living. Ouch. So thank you, Mr. Journaliste, for reminding me to be grateful that when I fell off my bike 20 years ago, no one saw and I did not land on a boat, only the sidewalk. And I didn't ride bikes for a living. And I didn't land in a boat. Apparently, I have a lot to be grateful for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment