Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bad Day 200--Less Miserable

I am blogging after midnight because we went to see Les Miserables again and it is one very loooong movie, not that we didn't enjoy every minute of it. Except Child 3 says the beginning is a little boring, but you have to get to the part where the Bishop saves Jean Valjean's soul for God. That is my favorite part of the entire movie. Child 2 stayed home because she values alone time on the Wii and computer, but Child 1 and Child 3 went with me because they know, as I do, that "On My Own" is the best song about unrequited love ever written and if you disagree with me, I will fight you.

Artemis and Adonis were supposed to go with us, but Artemis caught that nasty cold that is going around and couldn't get out of bed. I hope Adonis made her lots of chicken soup. I know she didn't catch it from me because I haven't seen her in a week. But Les Miz will still be around when she's feeling better and we'll go again and Child 1 will sing the entire time because she knows all the words and I love that she knows them. I literally wore out my cassette of the Broadway version because I played it so often. Javert sounds a little drunk when the tape gets stretched out and that is almost better. Maybe he would have been more likable if he were more like Captain Jack Sparrow. Now there's a thought! Captain Jack vs. Javert! Who would win?



My money's on Jack. He's just more clever, and way hotter.

Today, Husband's colleague who has been medevaced and is on his way home is having a worse day than me. Being a federal employee and getting injured in Afghanistan is no laughing matter. Luckily, in this case, he was injured with an arrow and while he was close to death because it nicked his femoral artery, thankfully the surgical team was able to re-graft another artery and save both his life and his leg. So here's to you, Colleague. I hope you heal quickly and have a safe journey home. And thank you for reminding me to be grateful that Husband does not own a bow and arrow and will not any time in the near future. But really, I hope you heal quickly and well and enjoy your time with your family. They will certainly be very glad to have you home and feel lucky that you are still in one piece. Next time, could you injure Husband, too? Just shoot him in the foot. That ought to be good enough to get him sent home a little early. Plus then he could walk with a cane and look all jaunty.





1 comment:

  1. *Sniff!* I soooo wish I could have been with you. But my snoring probably would have annoyed the other patrons.

    Love ya, miss ya, and glad you all enjoyed it anyways.

    -ArtiCHOOmis

    ReplyDelete