Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bad Day 222--My foot must be delicious

I spilled gravy on my foot and The Dog has been licking it all evening. Sister 1 says that's not surprising since the other night, The Dog kept licking my pants. She likes to lick me which drives me a little crazy.

So I have to talk about the guessing game. This is a game that Child 3 made up to entertain herself during church and she is very creative and brilliant and I hate. this. game. It is the kind of game that is impossible to be good at and I, especially, stink at the guessing game. What she does is draw on my iPod on a white background in black and then changes the background to black so you can't tell what the drawing is and you are looking at a black screen with nothing on it. After much protesting, we got her to add some details in color so we had a chance of guessing something that might be close. But it's still really hard. Really. Here is how the game goes for me every time. Guess what it is Mom. A whale. No. A Klingon Bird of Prey. No. A ship. No, it's Javert from Les Miserables.  Great. In my defense, all I could see was the hat which sort of looks like a spaceship.



Now Child 3 is making Sister 1 play but she is drawing movies that Sister 1 has not seen, so it is not going well for her, either.

People parking at the Denver International Airport are having a worse day than me. Apparently, after parking in the lot, they return to find that their car won't start and this is the culprit.



Yes, bunnies are getting into the engines and chewing the spark-plug wires. Airport officials are removing about 100 of these culprits and are spraying coyote urine everywhere but it hasn't worked yet.  So thank you, Denver residents, for reminding me to be grateful that the bunnies in our neighborhood stay away from my car. Also, The Dog wouldn't let them anywhere near the car anyway. Maybe we should send The Dog to Denver for vacation. She'd clear up those bunnies right quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment