Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bad Day 114--Happy Flu Shots Day!

The children are not happy with me because I made them get flu shots today. Well, actually just Child 2 and Child 3 because Child 1 has been bugging me to take them for a month. But now it's over and done and we're all protected from the flu so that's at least something. If only they would make a shot that would protect me from whatever stomach ailment I have that won't go away and makes it hard to do anything.

I was all set to write a long post whining about how difficult my life is, which it is, and then I watched the news and saw pictures of people who really are having a worse day like this. These people are waiting for the bus in NYC because the subways still aren't running fully.

NYC commutes

Or these people on Staten Island who lost their entire house.



Or these people in NJ not far from where I lived when I was little.

ga1101stormbeach

I hate perspective because it makes me look petty. So here's to you, people of NY and NJ and everywhere along the east coast who are still without power and whose communities have been devastated. My heart goes out to you and thank you for making me grateful that I have power, and my home is OK, and my family is all alive, even if one of them is in Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment