Monday, November 5, 2012

Bad Day 118--When will you make an end?!

One more day of lying to pollsters. Today I told them I was voting for somebody named Virgil who I had never heard of but has a fun sounding name. Then I read in the NY Times that Virgil is having a surge of support in my state, and then I realized  how powerful lying to pollsters can be! Here is a picture of Virgil campaigning.  


I will vote tomorrow because it's my civic duty and a privilege I don't take for granted. But I feel no obligation to give accurate information to people who invade my privacy and interrupt my dinner. Not that it was much of a dinner. I reheated the breakfast I made the other day and then realized I couldn't eat. I made the mistake of actually eating lunch and that was the wrong decision. Tomorrow, I vow to go back to rice and mashed potatoes.

I need to go to bed because I have to get up super early to go stand in line for my turn at the polls, so let's get right to the bad day. A reader helpfully suggested that this man in China is having a worse day than me. 

Subway Biting Attack China

OK, maybe you can't tell, but that is a retired teacher biting a young man whom he got into a shoving match over a seat with. If you follow my blog, you know that I've talked about crowded Chinese subways. But these two managed to scare everyone out of the car. And the most surprising thing is that neither was arrested. OK, actually not surprising if you have ever lived in China, but I do feel sorry for the guy who got bitten. So thank you, Mr. Teeth, for reminding me how grateful I am that no one has ever bitten me on the metro in the US. Now stop biting and be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment