Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bad Day 120--I'm melting!

I ate food for dinner and that was the wrong choice because I feel so much better when I don't eat. All food has become the enemy. But on the good side, my wedding ring fits and it hasn't fit in about six years, so even though my clothes are all too big, my ring is just right.

So I've been holding out a little. I should confess that the reason Fabulous Niece 1 is here is because I am leaving to meet Husband and she is going to watch the children and The Dog while I'm away. First stop is Venice and then Greece. I am so excited to see him, but a little (OK, a LOT) sad that I won't be able to eat any of the food! So wrong. Maybe gelato will be alright. 


But anyway, The Dog has decided Niece 1 is alright and has ceased trying to eat her which is a huge sigh of relief because I was envisioning poor Niece 1 locking herself in the bathroom all day to get away from The Dog. And Child 3 has been packing for me. Apparently to go to Italy, I need an evening gown and some navy tweed heels. Oh, and a pearl bracelet. And a black and gold chiffon blouse to which she attached a note that said "Take me to Italy. I'm pretty." If only she would pay this much attention to her homework!

Sister 2 suggested that this woman in Cleveland is having a worse day than me. 


She apparently made a regular habit of driving around a stopped school bus by driving on the sidewalk. The bus driver got fed up with her dangerous habit of breaking the law and took a video on his phone and gave it to the police. 


The judge sentenced her to stand at the intersection with a sign around her neck that says, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid the school bus." I'm not sure about the punishment, but I totally agree with the sentiment. So thank you, Ms. Idiot Driver, for reminding me to be grateful that most people aren't like you and they stop behind the school bus to keep the children safe. Children are our nation's most valuable asset and I'm glad that Cleveland has a school bus driver that cares enough about them to turn you in.

Now excuse me while I go re-pack so I don't have to look like a Jersey librarian at a disco all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment