Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bad Day 130--What you missed

Seriously, that cruise ship had the worst internet ever. Dial-up was faster and worked better. I couldn't check e-mail the entire time, so forget facebook and blogging the last day was impossible. Thank goodness for the guest bloggers!

But this is what I was doing instead of blogging.

Venice.



Polignano a mare.



Corfu.



Santorini, which I think was my favorite.



Ephesus.



Olympia.



So there you have my vacation in a nutshell. As Husband put it, we saw a lot of old stuff. It was amazing and relaxing and I'm so glad I went in spite of the fact that I was still sick, but I discovered that gelato in the afternoon really helped with both nausea and flagging energy from not eating much because non-gluten lunch is hard to find unless it is a salad which I ate a lot of. The ship was really good about gluten free food except for the desserts which were all cakes and tarts so I had sherbet instead every night and the other people at my table felt very sorry for me. And it was so, so, nice not to be in charge of anything--not even cooking and that my only responsibility was to relax and enjoy being with Husband. We haven't had that much alone time together since Child 1 was born and it was magical.

So who was having a worse day than me last week? Pretty much everyone because that was the happiest I have been in a long, long time.

Oh, and I got a job AND Husband will be home for Christmas so it was a very, very good week.

1 comment:

  1. so glad your hubby will be home for christmas! and that you got a job. :) I was also glad to see your pictures and I am so glad that you had a great time. Miss you tons! Let's get together soon.
    Shelyn

    ReplyDelete