Friday, September 7, 2012

Bad Day 59--Mmmm, brownies!

So "Genevieve" and her kids came over for dinner and she brought brownies. I know, you are thinking, what kind of friend brings brownies to a house where someone is allergic to chocolate? But it was actually very sweet because not only can't she eat them (gestational diabetes, remember?) but she also knows that my kids love brownies and haven't had any for a very long time. Plus, they were warm and I got to smell them and that was lovely. I miss the smell of warm brownies, and just smelling them made me feel a little better. Kind of like how it makes me feel a little better when I can Skype Husband. I wish Skype had smell because I miss the way he smells. (Don't judge. You see how you cope when the love of your life is in a war zone.)

The heavy duty sleep drug worked last night but then I was sort of a zombie the whole day. It felt like everything took twice as long to do and then I would forget what I was doing in the middle and I would have to start over. Not so good when you're trying to write and you can't remember how to finish the sentence. So no more sleep meds. Unless I'm really, really, really tired and can't sleep and I need them. Like maybe tonight. What was I talking about again?



The Dog was in fine form again protecting me from Genevieve's baby boy. We kept them apart, but The Dog scratched up my door and stripped most of the paint from it in a couple of spots. Luckily, I have lots of trim paint leftover from painting the bathroom on Monday. So now I know what my next holiday project is. Just exactly why I wanted a dog so much in the first place because I really don't have enough to do.

Speaking of things to do, Child 1 is taking a photography class and needs a camera. This would normally be a very easy thing to remedy because we have around 5 digital cameras hanging around the house. But unfortunately, she needs a 35mm that uses film. You know, that stuff that you used to have to load in the camera and you would always get it wrong and then the pictures would be over exposed or off center or turn out weird and where on earth are we supposed to buy film, let alone a camera that uses it? There is a film camera somewhere in the house, but the problem is it used to belong to Husband, and he is the only one who has seen it recently and of course he is in Afghanistan and is no help at all because everywhere he said to look the camera isn't. The box Husband said it was in has the user guide, but no camera unless it has a Romulan cloaking device and is invisible. (Star Trek reference for people who are scifi deprived.) So now, in addition to doing the grocery shopping and taking Child 1 to her activities and recycling the batteries and possible taking the old broken Ikea dresser to the dump, I also get to tear apart the house looking for a camera that just might not exist anymore. Joy!

Kenneth Smith, Jr. is having a worse day than me.

article_flight2_0906

His girlfriend's ex-boyfriend posted a picture of her on facebook that made Ken so mad that he called in a bomb threat on the flight the ex was on (blaming the ex) and it was diverted to Philadelphia and the ex was led off in handcuffs, but then the real story came out and Ken is in a LOT of trouble. So thank you, Ken Jr., for reminding me to be grateful that not only am I too old to have any compromising pictures on facebook, there aren't any compromising pictures of me to begin with. And also, I am not stupid enough to call in a fake bomb threat. Good luck with life, Ken. You're going to need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment