Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bad Day 81--What did I do?

I joined a gym today. I can't believe it's come to this, but I did it. I am sick and tired of being out of shape. I mentioned that I broke both ankles in China and they have never been the same, since. So my preferred method of exercising (walking and/or jogging) is another accident waiting to happen. Then a 24 hour fitness place opened up down the street from my house and then Gabrielle gave me a coupon, so I signed myself and Child 1 up, with an option to let Child 3 hangout in the kids' area while I exercise on something that doesn't require strong ankles. My hope is that I will feel guilty enough about the cost that I will actually go. Also, I'm really hoping that it will push me over the weight-loss edge and I will finally fit into all the clothes I wore before the ankle mess. A girl can dream, can't she?

So this week was apparently National Dog Week, because we need a week to celebrate dogs? I celebrated by taking my dog to the DMV because the maid service came and I had to go to the DMV so Children 1 & 2 went off to collect food for charity and Child 3 and I went to the DMV with The Dog because we don't want her to eat the maids. The Dog loves to ride in the car, but she barks a lot and keeps trying to climb in my lap because she must be with me every chance she can get. We got to the DMV and the line was really long. I mean really, really long and we waited an hour and thank goodness for modern electronics because I read my Kindle and Child 3 played Doodle Jump on my iPod which is fine because I hate that game and she rocks at it and it kept her occupied for the whole hour and 20 minutes we stood in line. And it was for nothing! We got to the front of the line, and they said we had to have the title that the state would mail to us, not the one from the dealer which is says nowhere on their website and I hate the DMV! And now I have to go back again after we get the real title. Ugh!

I've been sitting here staring at the computer screen for about an hour and can't think of anything else to write. I don't know if it's writer's block or just that I'm incredibly sad at facing another Sunday without Husband. Sundays are the worst. I hate them with a passion now because they, more than any other day, seem to stretch on into forever constantly reminding me of what I don't have any more. So let's get this over with so I can sleep in and be irresponsible tomorrow morning and pretend I don't care that Husband is in Afghanistan and I hate everything about it. This man in Sweden had a bunch of worse days than me because he is either the best, or the dumbest friend ever. He actually agreed to serve his friend's prison sentence and no one found out until after he was released on probation. The guy who was really convicted fled to Asia which leads me to believe that he was Chinese because this apparently is common in China and lots of people believe that Gu Kailai paid someone to attend her trial in her place. You can see the pictures in question below.



People in China were so riled up that searches for "Gu Kailai body double" were blocked. But back to the guy in Sweden, thank you, clueless friend, for reminding me to be grateful that none of my friends are criminals and I hope your "friend" paid you an awful lot of money. But then again, prison life in Sweden might just be better that whatever you had in China, so good for you for moving up in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment