Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bad Day 174--Happy Lame New Year!

Apparently, Husband and I are lame and boring, or at least our New Year's Eve plans were according to Child 3. The problem lay in the fact that Child 1 went to a bonfire and Child 2 went to a dance, so Child 3 was stuck home with us and we are no fun. Even though we played the game she wanted to play and ate the snacks she wanted to eat and watched the DVD she wanted to watch.



And we had holiday crackers with prizes and paper hats in them! OK. Boring, I get, but I'm not lame. Both of my feet work just fine, thank you, which if you know me is a miracle. I have a tendency to break my ankle or foot every New Year. It's a tradition I will gladly give up this year because if I can't drive, we are in a lot of trouble.

I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead--more wonderful than mine will be. I just about lost it when I realized that Husband will still be in Afghanistan for the majority of the year. This tour is taking forever! It doesn't help that I count down so I know we're not even 1/2 way even though Husband tells everyone we are. 174 is not 1/2 of 365. I am at least that good at math.

Hugo Chavez is having a worse day than me.



Not only does he have the bad sense to match his hat to his parrot, but he is dying of cancer and he has so ticked off everyone in the developing world that the only place he could go to for treatment was Cuba. Now, I'm not a doctor nor a medical expert, but since Cuba hasn't been able to purchase advanced medical technology for around 50 years, one can only imagine what their hospitals and medical care is like. So thank you, Senor Chavez, for reminding me to be grateful that even though my doctors still aren't sure what is wrong with me, at least I don't have to go to Cuba to find out. Also, I've been admitted to more than one Third World hospital, and I'm not eager to go back. And I will never, ever color coordinate to match my pet bird. Or The Dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment