Friday, April 12, 2013

Bad Day 276--Am I happy, or glad?

It is EER editing season and I spent a good part of the day reading EERs, which some people find tedious, but I actually love because 1. I am a very good editor, and b. I am a little nosy so finding out what everyone has been doing over the past year is a lot of fun. I know, you think I am a lousy editor because of all the mistake in this blog, but honestly, I am too tired at the end of the day to go over the posts with a fine-tooth comb so you all will just have to put up with the grammar errors and spelling mistakes and lack of agreement, etc. However, in EERs, those mistakes are the kiss of death. But that is not how I edit. That is for other people to do. What I am excellent at is helping people find their inner voice, which is important in EERs because boring and stuffy and matter of fact is exactly the kind of writing the department expects and what will put the promotion panels to sleep and get people skipped over. Now, if I could only do that for myself. . .

I am getting a little angry with the weather gods who decided to skip spring and drop summer right in the middle of April. It is warm and muggy and I am not happy. You see, last January, I bought a new raincoat knowing that spring is cool and rainy, and it was raining this morning, so I wore it. I don't have a picture of it, but it is not unlike this one on Katie Holmes, except it has a hood.


The only problem is that by the time I walked to work, I was sweating! It is too hot to wear my raincoat! This does not make me happy because I spent all last spring cold and wishing I had a better raincoat, and now, I have one and it is too hot to wear. So I am asking you, weather gods, in the name of all that is fashion, please, please give us some cooler rainy days this spring! My raincoat is too cute to keep hanging in the closet.

This member of the Taliban is having a worse day than me. Oh, I know, the Taliban are always having a worse day than me because they have to be members of the Taliban, and why on earth would that be any fun?

PHOTO: Taliban fighters line up as they hand over their weapons to join the peace process in Herat, Afghanistan, Nov. 3, 2012.

But this guy sent a message to everyone in his contact list and he published the names in the CC line instead of the BC line which put the e-mail addresses for everyone in the Taliban and all their contacts out there in the public for all to see. So dumb move. That BCC line is tricky and something people need to watch out for. I'm not saying I've done this, but hypothetically, if you send a flaming e-mail to someone complaining about something that they did and you are totally wrong, then, again, hypothetically they might just reply to you and might just put your supervisor and everyone you work with in the bcc line so they will all know what a jerk you are. Just hypothetically, you know. So thank you, Mr. Dumb Taliban, for reminding me to be careful to make sure I put the right people in the BCC line when I forward flaming write something sensitive to a bunch of people. I hope you live in fear, looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life for your stupidity. And may you succeed exactly as well as you did with this e-mail in all of your endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment